Monday, July 18, 2011

Half striped by wave.

So a Jeep ride up PCH leads to a day at the beach on a marine base.

I cant even tell you the last time I was at the beach. Although I am thinking it was about a year ago on vacation. Let alone the last time I actually played in the water past my knee caps. I had so much fun I could swear a feel good Van Morrison song was playing in my head.

Watching Becca was just as much fun. I forgot what it was like to be such a kid with no fear. There were a few times when I was waist deep with a giant wave approaching and I would start to slowly back up. Well until I felt the pull on my arm of Becca pulling me closer to the wave. It was okay though. That moment where you jump right before the wave hits you gave Becca the coolest smiles I have seen from her. Which made it worth it.

Of course after she went inland to build a sand castle and I decided to become more brave myself. It was going great till I got really far out and became a little cocky. Came head to head with a giant wave. It sucked me down faster than a kid sucks down a juice box. Suddenly being sucked under water with your hat being sucked off, not being able to breath and the current pulling down your bottoms did not work out so well for me. I wanted to instantly pop up for air but was trying to hold my breath a little longer in order to pull my bottoms back up. After pulling my bottoms back up, finding the surface, getting a breath and finding my hat I was done. I waded back to land and was happy staying there, lol.

I also forgot about sand. How it gets everywhere and stays there. This beach showers which were semi private with a small curtain was a small god send. Especially after Becca surprise attack of throwing sand in the air. Which at one point she referred to as beach confetti.

All and all a great day even with the beach confetti. Thanks to The Penguin for taking me.

No comments:

Post a Comment